A member service representative provides a variety of services to members in such a manner that exceed the member’s expectations. They perform these services in an effective and efficient manner within credit union policies.
- Accept and process deposits and payments.
- Disburse funds in cash or check form.
- Provide check cashing service.
- Be able to answer specific questions from members regarding their accounts.
- Transfer funds from within and between member’s accounts.
- Perform money order sales.
- Perform VISA Cash Advances.
- Input Loans into Loan Operating system for Loan Officer Review
- If designated: Decision loans as a Loan Officer in accordance to SCU Loan Policies.
- Understand membership eligibility specifically as it applies to their branch office and generally as it applies to other branch offices.
- Open new accounts and complete required forms.
- Maintain and balance cash drawer in accordance with current cash handling procedures.
- Verify available funds for merchants calling on share drafts if appropriate.
- If designated, provide notary service.
- Conduct Shared Branching transactions.
- Responsible for complying with all BSA/USA Patriot Act regulations as provided by the Security Officer of Service Credit Union, including but not limited to notifying supervisors of suspicious activity and excessive cash withdrawals.
- Issue plastic cards for members as needed or issue at point of sale, including but not limited to Debit, Credit and Gift cards.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding credit union policies and procedures, member financial data, personal information, and work-related events.
- Works with their branch manager and staff to meet assign goals including but not limited to loan production, new member development, and new checking account production.
- Other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Work experience preferred.
- Must be detail oriented and have a basic understanding of math and money.
- Must be able to identify problems, recommend enhancements and implement solutions in a fast-track environment.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills as well as solid computer and typing skills.
- Must be courteous, professional and friendly with the public as well as with coworkers